5 Language-Learning Tools Now FREE!
Is this struggle all too real for you to get your children-now students to study another language. These language-learning programs below have gone free for a while because of the dreaded COVID-19. I hope they help you and/or your son/daughter/student learn a new language!
1. Babbel is offering three months of free language learning to U.S. students through mid-June 2020 in any of its languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Dutch, Turkish, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Indonesian, and English.
2. AV2 is making its World Languages available free over the same period. Intended for K-3, the program is a collection of 1,000 audio ebooks comprised of 100 high-interest titles in 10 languages. Both sets of programs can be accessed by educators, parents and students on all devices. Register on the Follett website for access to either program.
3. Mango is making its Classroom online language-learning program freely available to schools through the end of the current school year. The program offers lessons for 70 languages in a digital format that can be accessed online and offline, via desktop and mobile app. The software includes on-task monitoring and assessment results for teachers and reading, listening and speaking activities for students.
4. PandaTree, a foreign language learning platform for learners two to 17, has launched a free daily StoryTime in Spanish and Chinese that any child can participate in. How incredible is this? Check it out!
5. Rosetta Stone is offering free access for students! What does it include? Let me break it and then down for you...Students will learn through immersion, making their new language accessible whether they are in kindergarten or prepping for college. Students will get instant feedback on their pronunciation. You’ll also be able to see how they're coming along with progress data and printable reports! Sounds like a win-win situation to me!