5 FREE Math Programs: The Good, The Great, and The Awesome!
How many times have you heard the phrase, "Math...it's all around us"?
If you're like me, you may have heard it many times! But, it's 100% true, math really is all around us and times like this where we're dealing with the dreaded COVID-19, there are math programs that are here to save us!
Before, you dive into this list of 5 free math programs, just know that all of them are good, great, and awesome. I hope they help you as you embark on your distance learning, blended learning, e-learning- whatever it is that you want to call it.
1. Hand2mind has launched a home learning resource for K-5 students. The "Learning at Home" program includes videos on math and literacy content taught by teachers and activities to reinforce the lessons and downloadable worksheets. The company has committed to posting new content daily.
2. Knowre has announced that it would make its math service free to all American teachers, schools and districts through the end of the school year. Knowre Math is an online core supplement for grades 1-12 that needs only a browser to view or an iPad app. Some of the features include "walk me through" support and even targeted assignments to help the student (your son/daughter) work independently. You can receive access to student progress via a dashboard! Time to set goals!
3. MathTutor Educational Software is making its math tutorial software for grades 6-12 available to schools at no cost through Jun. 30, 2020. The series is available in online and desktop versions. The programs feature interactive, self-paced tutorials that help students build proficiency in math concepts and problem solving.
4. McGraw-Hill has developed an out-of-school learning website to help K-12 teachers make the transition to remote instruction, with product walkthroughs of its many math products and other free resources and videos over the coming days. I'm happy to hear that McGraw-Hill is coming out with these resources for parents/guardians/teachers.
5. MIND Research Institute is offering ST Math to parents, schools and districts for grades K-8, free through Jun. 30, 2020. But wait a minute- what's ST Math? Let me break it and then down for you. ST Math is Spatial-Temporal Math and believe me it is pretty impressive how their platform teaches this process via gamification. The company has also compiled resources to help parents and teachers get their students up and running on the lessons.
I hope these free mathematical help you in this transitional phase!